One of the leading stories on Buzzfeed today is an article about R. Kelly’s “cult” of women that he allegedly holds against their will to perform sexual favors for him. Now, if you keep up with urban blogs this is NOT news to you. Rumors have circulated for years about R. Kelly and his harem of women.
To recap, these are some of the allegations about R. Kelly and his harem of women:
- Women who live with Kelly, who he calls his “babies,” are required to call him “Daddy” and must ask his permission to leave the Chicago recording studio or their assigned rooms in the “guest house”
- Kelly confiscates the women’s cell phones, they said, so they cannot contact their friends and family; he gives them new phones that they are only allowed to use to contact him or others with his permission.
- Kelly films his sexual activities and shows the videos to men in his circle.
- Kelly almost always tells the women to dress in jogging suits because he doesn’t want their figures to be exposed. When other men are in the same room, Kelly would make the girls turn around and face the wall in their jogging suits because he doesn’t want them to be looked at by anyone else.
- If the women break any of Kelly’s “rules” he punishes them physically and verbally.
I did a video on one of these rumors about 10 months ago based on a DM that blogger Fameolous received and published. I’ll put a link to her article in the description box.
The video I did led to a producer with insider information request to contact me to give me a fuller story of what is really going on. This is the same producer who is quoted in the BuzzFeed article, TONE. In the BuzzFeed article he is clearly referring to the same girl as he is referring to in our emails. I decided to keep her name anonymous since she is anonymous in the BuzzFeed article. However, many people know her name.
I was previously hesitant to publish these emails, which include a leaked R. Kelly phone call, because I was unclear of the true motives of the producer who contacted me. He seemed to not only want to help the girl, but also promote the song he produced for her. He specifically asked me to publish the link to the song on iTunes, which honestly made me question his motives.
I did, however, publish the leaked phone call on my back up channel, and I will be playing it at the end of this video.
Here is what the producer told me regarding one of the girls in R. Kelly’s harem.